Thursday, August 4, 2011

Love in war

I am currently reading The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. I am just over halfway through and so far I am completely enthralled. It is the kind of story that makes you think. Set in Franklin, Massachusetts and London, England (and, to a lesser extent, other European cities) during the early 1940s, it is a story of war and love in war. And the senselessness of war.

I plan to do a review once I finish the book, which I hope will be soon. But the history nerd in me is absolutely loving this story so far.

I am almost finished my dreaded summer class. The final exam is due tomorrow at noon. No, I haven't started yet. I'm not too worried. It's only 1200 words (4 pages), and I have all night and tomorrow morning to do it. Plus, being a take home, I have the advantage of being able to refer to the textbook where necessary.

Perhaps that is in part why I am so unmotivated to work on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment