Thursday, June 2, 2011

There's a fire starting in my heart

Last night was game one of the Stanley Cup Finals series between the Vancouver Canucks and the Boston Bruins. Overall it was a poorly played game, with goalies Roberto Luongo and, especially, Tim Thomas running the show. But with 19 seconds left in the third period, with an OT seeming imminent to break the 0-0 tie, Raffi Torres scored a beauty (Kesler to Hansen to Torres). Yeah, I kinda lost my shit. Heartbreaker for the Bruins though; at 19:41 of the last period, they really had no hope to even come back from that 1 goal deficit. Watch that first and final game-winning goal here.

#ruintheBruins!!

I also LOVED the opening montage CBC's Hockey Night in Canada aired just prior to the start of the game. Featuring Adele's Rolling in the Deep, I was immediately intrigued (I love that song), but was surprised just how much this fairly mellow song pumped me up. Great scenes featured for the intro -- props to the editor.

On Saturday I will be going out with some friends to watch game 2 in a sports atmosphere. Stoked!

#3more! #3more! #3more!


In unrelated news, I am leaving for New York in 10 days. With my luck, of course, I have a midterm exam scheduled for the day I fly out. Luckily my prof was nice enough to allow me to reschedule and write it before I leave. He asked me to remind him closer to the date, so I emailed him about 2 days ago, thinking he would need that time to arrange a place and time, and prepare the exam itself. He told me to let him know even closer to the date. I'm getting anxious -- I need to know when I'm writing it, since I have work and stuff! Since I'm pulling day shifts from June 9-12, I will probably need to trade one of those away in order to write the exam, and I obviously should take care of that sooner rather than later. Just stressed!

Today I plan to get both last week's and this week's readings done, and then I'm going rollerblading by the beach :D exciteddd!!

No comments:

Post a Comment