Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Tweeting Tuesday

Been a while since I last blogged. Here we go.

Today I went to my first Jays game of the season (I know, about friggin time!). We fell 6-3 to Cleveland in game 2 of the series -- an irritating loss given that yesterday we smoked the Indians 11-1. Also, I'm inclined to believe Cleveland allowed the Jays a mercy run, since Indian right fielder watched the ball fall. Arencibia errored, and just overall sucked tonight; Nix was 0-4 on his at-bats; and Morrow consistently threw fast balls (good going on those calls, JP) which the Indians kept cranking into outfield. Not the greatest game I've ever been to. Next time, boys.

However, today was also Tweeting Tuesday at the Skydome (YES, SKYDOME). This encourages fans both at home and in the stands to tweet @BlueJays with the hashtag #tweetingtuesdays. Fans at the Skydome can Tweet songs they want to hear (and win prizes if their song is picked), add funny captions to pictures from previous games (and win prizes if their caption is best), and tweet pics of Jays merchandise they like (and win that item if their tweet is picked).

So, I won a hat! I tweeted a picture of my friend's hat, which I love, and uploaded it onto Twitter, and won.


This photo was taken off the Jays' Twitter account, and taken with the employee's BlackBerry, so the quality is pretty subpar. BUT I WON A FREAKIN HAT!! I don't even care that the Jays lost the game now. We got on the board, and I walked away with free swag.

Speaking of swag, I am leaving for New York City in 13 days, and will be there for games 6 and 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. To rep my country, my hockey pride, and the team I want to win, I'm determined to buy some Canucks gear and wear it in the Big Apple. A friend also offered to loan me her Nucks hat, since she has a jersey she can wear. I may take her up on that offer.

And in other hockey news, Winnipeg is back in the NHL baby!! Not quite the Jets, but I'm glad Canada has another club. It's about time!

Oh summer. Baseball, hockey playoffs, and flipflops <3

No comments:

Post a Comment